Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I know, I seriously have a problem: a study in pictures of my hair coloring madness



All of these hairdo's are from this March until now. I think I was in denial about exactly how many hair colors I have had in 7 months. I think this is all of them. I always thought the people who said "We never know what you'll do next, Joy" were pretty lame and that they were making fun of me or something but now I can see some validity in the statement.


Looking back, I think that blond is photogenic, but the hardest to make work in real life. (I just can't seem to make the black and white with a tinge of pink lighting guy follow me around the town! Damn.)


I also miss my official bangs, having sort of given up on them for a little casual side-swipey thing since early summer. But with the real bangs, I did have to dry and curl them and use hairspray--none of which I am really very interested in doing. Now I wash my hair and let it dry and that's it. If I blow dry it, it gets so fluffy and weird, I don't like that at all.

























































These last three are from tonight. It is all dull and brownish and brassy and scraggly, so I am going to trim the bottom a bit, put in some big blond chunks and color those chunks iguana green. Wish me the best. I've heard that green doesn't come out. Which is fine by me, because red lasted about one shampoo!


















3 comments:

Rixa said...

I really like the blue hair. I also like the light ash blonde. It's very 1960s. I also like the dark hair with very short bangs.

I am the opposite of you when it comes to hair. I have never ever colored my hair--to chicken I guess. I have highlighted it a few times, but literally only about 20 hairs on my entire head. I'm so scared of looking fake, or having roots that show, or something...and so my hairs stays au naturel.

Kelley said...

I've spent my entire life thinking I was a blond until the last few months. I've suddenly realized that unbeknowst to me I've become a brunette. Funny how that is, huh?

I loved your blue hair, though I agree with Rixa about the dark hair with bangs. You just have cool hair! :)

Housefairy said...

Thank you for the feedback! I felt all creepy putting that many Joy-Heads on there, like some sick myspace page or something, but I really had alot of hair colors in 1/2 a year! hilarious!

Most of my life has been as blonde. Real as a child, highlighted as an adult, with a few variations but mostly blonde. this past year has been a freakout, though! So fun!

My mom hates the blue--but everyone else, conservative to wild, loved it. Maybe it was how happy it made me that shone through--sniff sniff. I really felt like "myself".

The dark with bangs was nice, too. It was funny to have "reverse roots" as my hair might be mousy, but certainly not chocolate brown.

Blonde is fun to look like your own children, and red, well, it just is not for my coloring.