Wednesday, July 18, 2007

tattoo dreams

I finally came up with the tattoo(s) I want. After deep consideration since I was 14, and thankfully, the wisdom to know not to rush into anything that was not perfect, I want to get snowflakes, all different ones, one for each of the children. I want to find some simple atomic design types. It will be vertical, up my right arm or up my spine.

I also have a huge fairy prototype that I want someday, too---she will have tons of options for add-ons such as roots downwards and radiant beams upwards with all sorts of Joy's LifeStory symbolism embedded inside the artwork.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I absolutely LOVE the idea of the snowflakes. So cute and great. I am still thinking of the next tattoo but am thinking that I may as well wait until a baby comes. Eh...either way, if you go and get one, I may just have to tag along and get another one. Cheers to you for deciding on the perfect ones!

Trish said...

If you get them up your arm everyone will get to see them more often. Up your spine, you'll need more backless gowns :-)

I can just see you sweeping into Park Day in your backless gown ;-)

Anyway, sounds super cool!

Unknown said...

:D
I am so excited about this---and so glad you guys like the ideas! I have some stupid old thing in my head about having it "secret" but screw that--I think I will do arm and save my back for the giant fairy I wont be able to afford until I am all wrinkles anyhow.

Please come with me, that would be awesome!

Lee said...

I love the idea of having tattoos to symbolize your children... they are forever a part of you. I have a blue star and am getting a red star tattooed on me for my son. Then will add a star for each child I have. I hope you will post a picture when you are tattooed!

Housefairy said...

I love the idea of stars, and thanks for the support.

The best snowflakes I found so far are in a children's book from Japan from the library. I cant find what I want on google images as of yet, but I am doing this no matter what. Perhaps I will have to draw them.