Monday, July 9, 2007

Little updates

So, I applied at Trader Joe's and it was a weird experience. It took almost an hour to do the big application with math problems, and me thinking off the top of my head about the dates of jobs I held in the late 90's. then at the end the manager said they arent really looking to hire right now and that they can only keep my application for 14 days.

My mom has found a job listing for me online that claims to pay 11 bucks an hour doing some kind of telemarketing in the evenings. Iwonder if it is one of these "Up to 11 bucks an hour" scams...but I applied anyhow.

I wonder why noone will hire me. Is it because I am listing picky hours? Don't lots of people say they can work 6pm to close on weekdays and Open to Close on weekends? Isnt that called a second job?

I am still steadily and slowly losing weight on my new lifestyle plan. Very cool.

I have been staying away from the hairdye and scissors, hard for me, but when I have a goal, I am pretty focused.

My house and brain are really coming together, as well as my relationship with the kids and Steve. I have been getting really realistic about time and money and plans and goals.

I got a tan on my legs for the first time since maybe 1996---floating in the pool on a raft during Saturday's naptime. Its insane, I do not even recognize my lower body being not light blueish grey.

I figured out how to put polls on my blogs! Thats fun, right?

I am back in love with fireworks, and want to go to all the shows next year!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Gee...thanks Trader Joes. Now can you give me that hour of my life back?

Housefairy said...

No kidding!! It was even longer than that, total!

*sigh*

I really feel like this whole thing of me having to be ugly for my job was a big trick.