Thursday, July 26, 2007

Glory glory so so happy


THE most incredibly great thing has transpired. SageFemme, a blogger who is a very special Oregon midwife, a woman I have admired and turned to on Mothering.com's discussion forums time and time again, has posted about MY blog, Breast and Belly. I almost fainted when I saw her name in the comments of one of my recent posts. It was a normal post, just something I jotted down in True Joy style, just ranting and tellin it like I lived it and I guess she liked it enough to say something!


HUGEST GRIN!


The thing I had written was a pretty good post, and I am not trying to be all "aw shucks" about it. I know when I get all fired up (think the white eyeballs on Heroes) I write my best. In fact, anything I write when I am not all fired up always is crappy and dull. But now I am getting comments from all these new faces, all these new mothers, women all over the place and I really really get it now about blogging. I get it!!! Virtual community, an electronic tribe, oooooh I have goosebumps!


I always fantasized about being a netroots activist or something but this is close enough for me for now. I just feel so happy and purposeful. These blogs have been a total fricking blast, but very rarely did I ever get any comments from anyone besides my local pals (love you guys! thank you eternally for always reading!) and sometimes it felt like I was writing some self-obsessed diary or something, like a colorful version of email, that noone who really might actually feel uplifted or inspired by anything I have ever written ever would get to--if that makes any sense?
I have been pouting for years that I didnt have a hobby besides my guitar which i dont play very much, but now I am definately, definately a writer. If my husband wasn't such a precious hottie who I actually want to hang out with every night, I would be much more prolific--not complaining tho!!


Thank you SageFemme and hooray for blogs!

7 comments:

Trish said...

How cool!

Beth said...

That's really cool. Congratulations! (For some, though, their blogs ARE their self-obsessed diary/journal and that's cool too.)

Housefairy said...

I have mostly blogged for personal record-keeping and memories. an electronic colorful diary and journal, for sure.

I hope I didnt come across implying anything negative about that, and if I did, I apologize.

For me, I have wavered between imagining that my writings will "reach others" and ummm...hoping nobody reads it! Because I write about super shallow stuff and super heavy stuff and everything in between, on four different blogs, and because I leave lots of comments all over other people's blogs, I guess it was bound to happen, but I didn't sit there and try to write FOR anyone but me. Usually.

Anyhow, I hope that most blogs remain as diary/journals because that is what makes them so special.

Trish said...

I keep mine mostly so that the family that I don't get to see often can check in and see what we're up to.

Really I have a couple of aunts and uncles, in-laws and my mom - and you - who visit. I don't count on anyone else really reading :-) And the older bunch of my family haven't figured out how to leave a comment, so they email their comments to me - whatever!

Anonymous said...

And you absolutely deserve it. I found your blog through SageFemme and have thourougly enjoyed your musings. You are insightful, witty, passionate, honest, and write with such ease. You are my new fav. :) I've added you to my blogroll and my daily reads. I can't wait to see what you write next!
XOXO

Pamela said...

did you know i make mistakes? often. :)

i think it's good to rant and be a true activist. i love that you "don't do rough drafts"....too often i find myself wanting to edit what i wrote originally...for who?

i'm considering a book - but need editing help (that's where my friend Linda, who writes the Autonomous Birth Blog, comes in!). A book that discusses my journey to midwifery, my process of learning, then unlearning and beyond. I think midwifery is only temporary for me. I believe I was called to midwifery for a reason...I'm just waiting for that reason.

xoxo

Unknown said...

I have considered editing/erasing myself in the past but almost always decided against it. The second my blog became something to impress all of the people all of the time, it would be a bunch of c-r-a-p and there is enough of that already out there.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey to your book, and wherever/whatever lies beyond midwifery. So good to know that there are wonderful people with wonderful skills who can help us with stuff like editing...when it comes to writing an actual book, yeah, I would need help, too, for sure.

For all the wild and colorful and creative/passionate/impulsive/spastic folks, there are thankfully level headed, sensible, meticulous, organized, logic people who are so very needed as well! (Oh to have a secretary!)

Thanks for popping in :)