Monday, July 30, 2007

insincere trashola plastic junk yawn

I know they said this when we were young, but seriously, WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO POPULAR MUSIC?

I got to go out last night, and on my way, I indulged in some radio-blastin. I found a few random songs I liked, but good gawd the "Rock" music that as on last night was so, so SO ---can I say rediculously soulless?

Where is the SINCERITY? When was the precise moment in music when it became completely acceptable to just yell and fake it? When did it start to become so commonplace to sound like a lyric-reading, karaoke fool that that sound itself became The New Sound?

Look, I am obsessed with lead singers. If your band is the greatest band on Earth, and I don't like your lead singer, its over. I don't want to be this way, but its true. How am I suppossed to overlook THE SINGER'S VOICE?? Come on. thats like asking me to overlook THE FLAVOR of food when partaking.

That being said, I cannot and have not ever been able to deal with any band or any singer whatsoever unless they are incredibly, incredibly sincere. Earnest, demented, passionate, flipped out, under great duress, extremely convinced of their predestined plight to sing this very song, urgent, on the brink, on another plane. Not some yellin idiot with good eyebrows.

So, barf barf and three pukes to the gobbeldy gook I tried to jam to last night in my car. Tryin like hell to rock out in the minivan, little red sunglasses on, 3 empty carseats...I was ready to hear something, but the AOR man had other plans, it seems.

No comments: