Monday, March 26, 2007

i wanna shirtdress now

this
plus
this
plus
chucks
plus cardigans
plus blue hair
is
all
i'm
saying



I have been in quest of dresses since I was a teenager. I want shirtdresses, like from the 50s, but in amazing vintage fabrics. duh. Who doesnt, right? Well, when my only body challenge was being 6 foot 1, it was one thing but now that I have filled out, forget about it. Anything I have ever found in a resale shop wouldnt button around my little finger let alone my bod.

So the semi obvious choice of finding the perfect pattern and sewing it reared its head a few times but didnt amount to much. Still need to persue that one more.....

Right now in fashion, there is a great return to the Dress. By fashion I mean old navy or the mall or something---hahaha but still, i do not LOVE the ones I am seeing. A big problem is the current rebirth of the EMPIRE WAIST which, when I say rebirth, I do mean MATERNITY---

these things look like preggo clothes on the skinniest preteens, why on he good earth would I ever want to wear something so heinously unflattering? Mix the highwaist in with the fact that no matter how "plus size" i go, the thing will be all worng and cut for some one half my height (ok not half my height but probably 5 foot 6)

I am kind of getting to the point where I will have to make my own or find someone who will.

4 comments:

Wedgehead said...

Have you thought of a shift dress? My personal fave, BTW, and I think that style may be flattering on you.

Unknown said...

I do like me a shift and may just have to persue further...as long as I stand the whole time it might even look nice
; )


thanks!!

Amanda said...

I am always keeping an eye out for you...but I am not seeing them OR the coveted kelly-green hoodie. One day we will look sooo fashionable. ok, at like age 80,but who cares?

Housefairy said...

thank you!!!!
yes, the cardigan shall be green, kelly green, and maybe the chucks as well...although that might be just a little toooo much "matching" for me...lol