Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy B-Day to meeeeeee



Today is my birthday! I am 33! Three was my favorite number my entire life so this one seems extra lucky. We are planning on a nice day out with the boys, parks and such, it is sunny and fifty! WOOHOO! Greta is at Girl scouting events, we miss her.

I got 2 fifty dollar checks and am going to FINALLY get stuff for the homeschool gym. I am not being a martyr-mommy, this is going to be very beneficial to me, much more so than a clever t shirt or whatnot. I am also going out with my mom and sister next week, super excited!

I love how no matter how old I get, when I see "April 3rd" written somewhere, I get a little thrill. I wrote a check dated 4/3 and got all giggly--is it just me, or does anyone else still do this?


7 comments:

Rixa said...

My birthday has a somewhat morbid association (although I don't usually think of it as such)--it was the day of the Oklahoma City bombings. One of my friends says he always remembers my birthday because of that!

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness! Happy (late) birthday! I totally know what you mean about seeing your birthday written somewhere. Mine is May 10th, and I love that date. :)

I hope you had a delightful day, and that you get to keep enjoying all the perks from that birthday money for a long time.

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, dear fabulous Joy!
Happy birthday to you!

Andy and Nessa Dunnells said...

Happy Birthday!

I have to say mine is oh, two months away and I honestly am already getting excited! But it's not just my birthday. I love knowing that it's about to be someone's special day. A day to revel in the fact that they are alive! Birthdays rock.

Amanda said...

I missed your birthday! I'm such a bad bad friend. Happy BIRTHDAY Joy! I'm sorry! I love you!

Barbnocity said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

I kept asking JD if it was your birthday this weekend, and he kept saying he didn't know...I knew I should have read your blog...sigh...sorry I am late!! I hope you had a most excellent day!!

Jen said...

Happy belated bday from another 33 girl. :)
Hope it was great. And yes, I still love 2/20 every year...

Jennifer said...

Two neat people share this birthday; April 3rd is my hubby's b-day too!

Happy late birthday!

Nice cake. Is that homemade or a mix? ;0