Saturday, January 26, 2008

when will i change the name of this blog to simply, "hair"?






The shortest Ive ever ever had my hair--but I love it!
















The green really did come out, and I got a fun new head out of the whole (or)deal. I used very strong "bleach" powder with 40 level lightener, and then cut alot of it and then used a toner (#303D Clairol Professionals, Champagne Beige) with a 20 level developer. I spent about $11 on all this stuff, and couldn't help but grill Steve about what he thinks it would honestly cost to get my hair completely stripped, colored, toned, washed cut and styled at a salon. "More than eleven bucks?" was his wise guy guess and he was damn right!

Whats fun and really different about this hair-do is that it looks better when it is all lumpy bumpy and messy--I wash my hair at night now and sleep on it wet on purpose--then I use the large curling iron to turn the ends under on the big front part and that's it. I can part it on either side and throw a little barrette in or whatnot. I really like this, I think it is a good one i will stick with for a long time. Somehow I have stumbled upon a look that can have me be "socially acceptable" (eyes roll but true) and still not feel like gross old soul-less random sheeple.

:)

12 comments:

Trish said...

Cute!
Amazing that you did it all for under $12!!!!
I can imagine going into a salon and spending well over $100 for the color correction and the styling.

Amanda said...

Yeah, you'd walk out of the salon spending at least 150-200 including tip. At least the salon i used to work at! Nevertheless, it looks so great and cute and you certainly can't tell you didn't get it done at a salong. You should really just get your cosmetology liscense...you'd make decent money and be able to be creative.

Stacey said...

Beautiful!! Great work, Joy!

Rixa said...

That looks great on you! I had the exact same haircut for several years, then I got tired of short hair and grew it out. I just wish it was a fast to grow hair out as it is to cut it! It was a really easy haircut to "do."

Jen said...

Wow, it looks GREAT! And what a steal :)

Barbnocity said...

Super cool! I love it!!

:) Barb

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see it...
i didn't read the whole post because i'm to lazy but i hope you didn't use any brand that tests on animals (I'm like that now i don't use/eat/buy: Mars candy, Clorox, Jonson & Jonson, Cover Girl, Bic, Suave, SoftSoap,
L Oreal, Dial, Clairol, Oral B, Olay and more i'm to lazy to type them all lol)

Julia <3

Unknown said...

oh heres my new pic

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sassy and perfect.
I love ALL your styles and colors and just had a blast catching up on your posts here, checking out all your 'dos.
You rock.
xoxo

Kelley said...

So cute! You look awesome! Short hair's great, isn't it? :)

Unknown said...

i have new hair now too - all blue