Thursday, January 17, 2008

I would like to start off this article with a blanket apology to anyone whom my tastes may clash so harshly with your own that you mat feel personally offended. These are MY hang-ups, and they truly do not apply to others. I found thousands of celebrity short hairstyles that looked awesome but gave me the cold chills when i thought about myself having them.

So, ummm, Im a beauty schizophrenic and I hate my green hair now. It is yellowy and minty and freaky. I cannot deal with how much it fades when I wash it, yet how much it wont bleach out when I try. I am pissed off, frankly--my sense of bravado with the haircoloring has taken a ego-blow. I cant get with why or what the #$%ing deal is with this color not coming out when I wanted it to. Being trapped against my will is not my favorite sensation, and I feel annoyed, sad, freaked out about this.

So, do I bore you or amuse you with why I want the green to go byebye? Well, it was great, and it made me feel really adorable and fun. and now, well, I feel weird and like it isnt me right now, and like the people who "dont get" radical color would have no problem understanding, I feel like I am meeting alot of people and traveling in circles right now where what was once fun and adorable and kool is now limiting and depressing and even embarrassing. I swear I am not depressed! It just isnt working for me right now. the color doesnt stay bright, it doesnt go with my maternity clothes, I am just done with it. I dont feel righteous and different and empowered, I feel trapped and like I need a hat. This isnt about wanting anyone to write and say "your hair is great! dont do it!" this is about me needing to get this bleached out professionally and just chill out for a bit.


SO

I am going to need to talk to one of my friends who actually works at a salon and talk about gettting this taken out professionally, hopefully for a babysitting barter and not real money ; )and I know I am gonna have to go short. This is the thing: and the thing where I might make someone sad or whatever, I never EVER want boy hair. No spanky no spunky, it is my nightmare, it symbolizes to me the ultimate thing like that Saturday Night Live sketch of M.O.M. jeans---and it is seriously something Steve and I discussed as our little pre-marriage stuff; for him, no moustache, no mailman socks or tighty whiteys, for me it was no "Sandy Duncan" hair, no trousers/slacks/brown pantyhose scary powdery perfume, you know....


so, how to get through this quickly and painlessly? Tons of barrettes, etc I suppose. I R E A L L Y dont want to be fat pregnant lady with the pin-head. Repeat. this is my hang up but man o man it is a big one.


Here are a couple of cool chicks i found online who have short hair that I could deal with owning. I wish i could pull a Britney and just shave it off, but again, I am just not feeling very punk rock lately, just kind of want to have simple normal hair and not deal with this right now. Sigh.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hopefully enough of it will be healthy so you don't have to go quite so short. Who knows though, with a new baby, a short easy 'do may be the answer to your prayers...you'll look finished and polished and not at all ragged. I also cannot stress enough how much I understand. I live in fear of looking like an actual man if I get my hair cut too short.

One other thing..you're mention of pre-marital bargaining has be thinking of Jake and myself. I will have to ask him tonight if we made such demands. I feel absolutely certain that I, of all people, must have.

Rixa said...

I am sadly ignorant about hair coloring...so can you not color over it? Do you have to bleach out the color first before you can do another color? I hope you can figure out something that works without taking all of your hair off!

Kelley said...

I'm sorry this didn't work out like you wanted it to. I think when you're pregnant, it helps to know that you have control over at least one part of your body. :)

If it's any consolation, short hair really can be a blessing. I love the fact that it takes me less than 5 minutes to look completely polished and put together. However, you and I do have different body structures, so I can see why short hair would be a concern to you. Good luck on getting this all figured out.