Thursday, November 29, 2007

minty cold chillin

I am so sorry I haven't written in so long. I have a big case of writer's block and it sucks. Then I get no time on the the computer anymore, work from 6 to midnight, and think when and if i finally get to write, it must be "profound" and voila! I don't write. Lame.

So here's something not profound: I tried to strip out the green hairdye in order to try a new color, and it didn't work very well. This is new for me, I am quite adept in the realm of haircolor and haircolor removal! Why take out the green which everyone seems to love so much? One reason: All my clothes are green! I am serious. It is too much, and I can't take it anymore.

Today it is mint green and blonde and doesn't look very nice, but I am not going to freak out. I am at peace in my warm home while the harrowing, sub-freezing winds whip away all traces of the gorgeous autumn we have had here and make everything harsh and brittle outside---no running to the store for a new color for me today. We are staying in, cuddling, reading, cooking, and enjoying each other. As much as I complain about summer heat, winter really IS a pain in the arse. So stressful to shiver and have to tense up your body just to get the mail. So scary to think of toddlers getting frostbite, keeping up on all the little mittens and boots....definitely have to get our "Mitten and hat box" going again ASAP.

Anyhow, I love you all, I have minty half bleached out hair and I am cold. That's Everything Joy today. :)

5 comments:

Maiasaura said...

ah, this is the blogger's conundrum: try to write often and only have time and brainpower to write innane bologne, or wait until you have something meaningful to say, but never get around to writing such a long, thought-out profound post. i'm always wavering between these two extremes. is there a happy medium?

Kelley said...

I'm sad to hear about the demise of the green, but I'm hoping the next one will be BLUE! :) Yes?

Housefairy said...

Yes yes blue! I am doing it today.

Whats funny is that you would think that I spend "All this money" on hair color but I really dont at all. I have all sorts of jars of stuff that I have to use very little of--and factor in that I cut my own hair and havnet been to a "salon" of any kind in years, and it really is close to free.

Pics of the blue soon :)

Kelley said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the pics. :))))))) (Big smiles)

Rixa said...

Yes, I have all sorts of things I'd love to write about, but when I actually have computer time (ie, sleeping baby) I am either writing my dissertation or so tired that my brain will not cooperate. Which pretty much is the case after 8 pm. Sad to say but true.