Friday, October 26, 2007

YAY

I love my new job!!!
It wasn't scary at all!!!

It was so cool. everyone was so nice to me and the whole place is just cool and friendly. I absolutely loved it. the only thing is that I got home about 12:30am and was kind of "wired" from the upbeat attitude I needed to maintain the whole evening, so I couldn't fall asleep until after 1am, then Charlie cried at 3 am and I dealt with him for a bout 20 minutes, then Casey came in our room at 5:50 and we shoo'ed him out, then he fake went potty THREE times, slamming the door and the toilet seat so many times and stomping and sighing that Steve left the bed and camped out with him on the couch, then Steve's alarm went off at 6:20 and 6:27 and 6:34 and 6:41 and then "wahhhhhhhh" Charlie was crying to wake up for the day before 7, when Steve needed to be at work. Yikes. So, I am tired. But it was really fun and saying that being a busy bartender is different than doing dishes and putting kids to bed and lounging around with Steve is a huge understatement! Its really cool and I look forward to going back tonight.

I wore a very plain outfit--a white t under a blue v-neck sweater and blue jeans, with my hair down and a decent amount of makeup. I wasn't sure. But I feel like if I am going to be stylish or funky I had better start tonight.

I met a guy who, after talking to me for a few minutes, realized that he had met me before, over the friend's home who got me this job--and he was like YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT! DIDN'T YOU HAVE LIKE< UH< PIGTAILS OR STRIPED STOCKINGS OR SOMETHING?

Yes, I said, That was me. (last spring)
I think "you look so different" means "you look way better now", just guessing from the way he said it. Unfortunately, I liked the pigtails and stripey socks me much more! I even told him a little bit that I have procured more "normal" hair for myself as of late because I wanted to get hired and he looked verrry confused and just said something like "I don't think anyone really cares about any thing like that."

I am beginning to realize that it is only a couple of people that hate the crazy hair colors :) 100% of all people I have ever mentioned this idea to (needing blond/brown to get a job)have just given me a blank stare. Yay!

Well, I'm off to go plan an outfit for work. More updates tomorrow!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Yippee!!!

And I think you're right about the hair thing - very few people are concerned about hair color.
Does that mean you'll have green hair soon, you think? Maybe it's too soon yet?

I'm just glad that it wasn't all creepy and weird and scary. Starting anything so differently new is so nerve-wracking! You did it! I hope you'll be sleeping better quickly! Do you think that it'll take long for the kids and Steve to adjust to your working?

Kelley said...

Yay! I'm glad things are working out for you.

I also hope you start getting some sleep soon. Sleep is the be-all and end-all in our house right now. I never seem to get enough of it, and our kids don't even wake up during the night.

Rixa said...

Sounds like fun! It's nice to have something of your "own" to do, even if it is a job.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad it was fun! You have to be the person you are and if that is funky hair-dos and striped socks, then rock them! Hope I see you soon!