Tuesday, October 23, 2007

new job

Tonight I go to my new job and get a look around at what we will be doing--I am very excited! I am going to working as a bartender at a place where indoor sports are played. I don't really want to say where because I have fake ideas that "the stalker" will come get me, but it is a small place, members only, and not seedy scary crusty or smoky. Very cool.

I am going to be working from 6-midnight Monday, 6-midnight Wednesday, and 7-11pm Friday. This will effectively change our family dynamic dramatically. Since Steve works late on Thursdays, and we both work on most Saturdays, we will now only have Tuesday evening and Sunday to do it all. I am bummed, but happy for the work. I wish it wasn't so late, but it is only until spring. We will have to make every penny be worthwhile, whatever that means. Being less poor for 6 months, in some capacity, sounds good to me!

I think we start for real this Friday, and I have not finished my online liquor training course--whoops!! I have to do a good chunk of it tonight, for sure. It is fifteen dollars and 4 hours long, so I have been avoiding/forgetting/reforgetting about it--but none of the other folks did it yet either so I don't feel quite as badly :)

I'll let you all know how it goes!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Good luck.

Trish said...

I hope this turns out to be fun as well as profitable!