Sunday, May 13, 2007

Burger Queen


Omigod I just put in an application at a cool place. It is called Comet Burger and it is like a little 50's diner place on a strip of an extremely populated Main Street near us. They are looking for a waitress. I havent done this in 11 years.


Although I am a little afraid to leave the cocoon of not-gainfully-employed-mommyhood, I am also excited. It seems fun and easy and if they get busy, hey, I'll just go as fast as I can without getting flustered. Years of serving my own impatient oftentimes demanding and particular "customers" at home have gotten me some good training for being a rock-n-roll waitress.


I have fantasies that my uniform will involve pink, black, and a cursive J...but just the fact that the guy couldn't have cared less that I came in there with a bright blue high ponytail was tres cool to me. He asked me if I was in school, which could have meant anything but I felt young! WooHoo!


I hope it is cool. I hope I make some money. I hope I get hired. But I must admit, on some nights, just to get out of here with lipstick on and the car all to myself will be......awesome

4 comments:

Wedgehead said...

Looking forward to hearing how you plan to juggle the family life and the working life. And we in the Wedgehead clan can't wait to visit you there! We've never been inside, but have passed by often. And you better get cats-eyes glasses to go with your outfit!

Unknown said...

I need new glasses! SOunds perfect!

And yes please come visit me if I get hired! You can give me fake $20 tip to inspire others and then I will secretly give it back to you! HAHAHA

As far as juggling the work and family, I think it will be easier to work at a busy diner than to run this crazy show most nights...

Sgt Howie said...

I have wanted to check that place out forever. Hope you get hired so I can sit at your table and say, "I'll have a side order,, ma'am."

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome! Please do!
I hope they dont give me free food or I will need a new uniform every week, one size up, please :) YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY