Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dedice a la musique, les cheveux verts, et la future

It is such a gimmiky thing, and yet I fall for it EVERY time: lead vocals en Francais. Hip-Hop, trance, and scads of other electronica use this technique to marvelous effect. Especially if the singer is female, and french is not her native toungue. Perfection!
I want to do a bit of this in my band, and I am sort of coming to grips right now with how much studio and non-organic kinds of music I love and how it all works out with my garage and low-fi budget and sensibilities and roots and how, oh how, will I work in some gorgeous french stuff about les reves, and les bouches, and les nuages, and les bicyclettes and je veux te la donner mon couer, when I have no studio or money but I do know alot of french, and actually I am gonna say right here and now that godarnit there will be french and it will all work out and ummm yeah. Stuff like that. See? I am getting a little bit better. Cough cough sniff.

Bjork is on Saturday night Live Tonight! I hope she rocks.

No comments: