Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Medium Ash Brown. Sounds gentle. I need it.


Even though spring of '07, when I had the blue hair and the bangs was by far the happiest I have ever been with my looks, e-v-e-r, (and I mean even counting 90 pounds ago, even counting pre-baby having days) I am going brown and staying for a while.
As a symbol of my commitment to healing, rest, and simplicity, coloring my hair a very plain, very subdued dark brown is meaningful to me. I found a Garnier Nutrisse shade called Medium Ash Brown which is just a deep dishwater haircolor. Perfect. Seriously.
I might get whims (who, me?) and I might get bored. But I have TONS of goals coming up for 2009 and beyond, and long hair is one of them and if I cannot stop the bleaching and stripping out of zany colors, I will have to keep chopping it off due to it being too damaged.

I have very fast growing hair, and would love to just settle in to a nice long winter of dark brown, little fun barrette, poof, thats it. I imagine in a year I will have healthy longish jumbly hair and then we will see what is up with bangs and blue and purple, etc. I will get a really nice haircut by then, and see where I'm "at". Maybe I won't want blue hair anymore. Maybe I will be some big yoga hotty hip super funky person with 15 new Mama friends at the school. Its fun to not know. but protecting my hair over the upcoming months feels like an investment in my unknown beauty future, so here's to the Brunette Mama Joy! (....clinking of sippy cups)

4 comments:

Kelley said...

LOL! This is why I love you so much, Joy. You can always make me laugh. :D

Hey, I'm growing my hair out, too, because of oft-repeated requests from my sweet husband. Won't it be fun to see where we both are a year from now? Mine's still super-short like when you saw it, but I'm starting to have visions of hair down my back again. Is 30 too old to grow long hair again?

Jennifer said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA...wait just a minute before you use the Nutrisse. I did the same thing last year b/c the Garnier Nutrisse was remarkably reduced in price and it dried the crap out of my hair. My previous hair-dresser said to try Loreal instead. Seemed to work a little better. But I have really dry RosannaRosannaDana hair, hence I have to keep it super short.

I love your colors, but totally respect your wish to go brown, and envy your ability to go long.

Hey, I was thinking of you today. Bad day, killer back pain. I got an epidural pain block for 2 blown discs. MY BACK IS KILLING ME NOW. My kids were climbing all over me, hurting me, and DH, was well, not too helpful. I don't know how you are doing it with five kids. I want you to know that your readers do care, I care, even though it appears that I only urgently post to your hair color plans.

You are a wonderful mother, and I so enjoy your blogs. I have gotten such great suggestions, like: Nag Champa soap! Yo Gabba Gabba! ETSY!

I am coming off meds for PTSD/PPD and currently healing a lot of things in my life that need tending to. I just wanted to say that you are doing a great job, and please don't edit your posts out of fear of offending anyone! Or trying to paint a rosy picture(which I don't think you are to either of those points). You know, I think the whole babymoon thing is an urban legend cooked up by right wing males and inserted into MDC to screw with our heads and turn us into steppford wives so we swing vote for the Republicans.

Allright, allright, maybe I should slow down on the anti-depressant weaning (and I had a couple of Vicodin b/c of my super big spinal shot so bear with me...)!

Please take care,

Jennifer

sneakmastergeneral said...

Oh sure, go all normal on me right when I go nuts and bleach my hair and dye it crazy strips of blue and hot pink! =)

Pssttt...I've got a secret.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://hemynefed.arcadepages.com/gapalo.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich